Thursday, October 9, 2008

Snoopy Hockey Tournament

I've been playing in the Snoopy Hockey Tournament this week, which concludes today. This was my first tourney, and it was a great time. A friend from my local pickup game asked me to play with his team, mostly composed of guys from the New York area. Nice group of fellows. Thanks all, for letting me play with you. This tournament is more about drinking beer, tailgating, and meeting people than competition, which is the way it should be at my age.
Having said that, I must report that the level of competition was remarkable. Even in the advanced age groups, the skill exhibited was impressive. When you see guys in their 60s and 70s hauling ass up and down the ice it's inspiring.
This was the 30th year this tournament has been held. It was started by the late Charles Schulz of Peanuts fame. Apparently he was quite a hockey fan and enjoyed playing the game quite a bit.

No comments: