Thursday, October 9, 2008

Anyone care for a little Soylent Green?

You remember the movie. It had that 70s schlocky quality and featured iconic actors Charlton Heston and Edward G. Robinson. Still, the story is a compelling one, and I believe it will prove prophetic, unfortunately.
The essential scenario of the movie was that microscopic sea-life that serves as the bottom of the food chain was dying. That caused a predictable ripple effect up the food chain until there was little to be consumed by any species at any level.
One thing that gets to me every time I see that movie is that one of the central characters, Edward G. Robinson, is my age in the movie. He was born on my exact day, month, and year. So it makes me wonder: will I meet his fate? I get misty every time I see that euthanasia scene, not for EGR, but for the world.
Have a taste of Soylen Green here

No comments: