Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life Expectancy

A friend recently sent me this life-expectancy calculator (on-line). It's kind of interesting. Of course it can't predict a terrorist attack or getting hit by lightning, but it's fun to review.

I'm nearly 53 in actual years, but according to the calculator:

  • My virtual age is 42
  • My life expectancy is 87

Not sure I want to live that long. I don't want to be a Struldbrug.

For those with a need to know, here is the site:

http://www.sonnyradio.com/realage3.swf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking the 'Real Age' test was fun. I hope I answered the questions properly to come up with these great results. My virtual age is 45.6 yrs, my life expectancy is 91.3. I guess that means we've got a lot of years of climbing and paddling ahead of us.
-George

Tapio said...

I don't know if I want to live to my expected age, but I wouldn't mind dying as an old man on a mountain climb. They can just leave me up there.